Purple Bobblehead Bunny

Sunday 14 September 2014

Underrated Idols/Groups and Overrated Idols/Groups

Hello der! So this is the first blog post in the ultimate kpop fanbase blog but like...yeah. So today's topic is under and over rated groups.





I should really do an introduction post first but like...the other Admin isn't awake yet, maybe she is and is ignoring me...


Okay, since I'm so kinda, I'll do a quick introduction and the other Admin and I. So my name is Admin YOUDUHSEXY, normal I know and the other Admin, is pretty much nameless until she goes on Kik and answer me! 

I currently am -- years young, and is the most awkward person you'll ever meet, I will seem really hyper (sometimes depressing) online but in real life... I don't even go out. I'm really introverted and really really bad with directions, like I have to get my cousin who lives in the North (I live in the West) to take 2 buses to my house and then "pick me up" and then we'll take another bus to go somewhere...I just can't meet up with people in a certain place if it involves taking a bus/vehicle. I'll probably be lost in Barcelona alot...good thing I have like 3 friends who will stick by me and assault people if they come close in a creepy way. I don't have a specific group I like by my ultimate bias is Jongdae (Exo), like isn't he sooooooo cute?! 

The other (nameless) admin is a good friend of mines, we met when uh...it had something to do with reviewing. I seem like a bad friend but I just forget how I meet people, it gets awkward when they ask if I remember and I'm like no. 


Okay so back to the actual topic, under and over rated idols/groups. Many people have said there is like no in between, it's just over and under and that's it. But I like groups and it doesn't matter if the "public" label them as overrated or underrated, it just mainly the music and the group's "attitude" I focus on. Yes, many groups show a good attitude but sometimes there are groups where people will get really pissed off about one of the members actions or speech. It's more about how many people support them so it doesn't matter if you aren't popular like SNSD or Big Bang, if you have people who will support you I think that'll be your "energy".

So to me the groups who have more popularity and are shown more in the kpop industry are:

SNSD 
Big Bang
2NE1
EXO 
TVXQ (My cousin will like kill me for this but I'm wording it nicely for her)

I don't hate them, most of the groups are actually my favourites to listen to and sign along (in a horrible screechy voice 3_3) but definitely they are more of the popular and more listened to groups. They are the ones who get the most hate as well either because of their popularity and not giving enough spotlight to the "rookies" or newly debuted groups or sometimes netizens say that they have no talent, "useless", plastic surgery freaks or something relating to plastic surgery. 

Girls Generation I would say have downgraded abit, their songs aren't really hip or make you really really like it for example their song Gee was extremely popular and that's when their popularity skyrocketed but throughout the years, their songs have became lower and not as fun or exciting as it used to be.

Big Bang, I think are more focusing on solo careers nowadays, there's not much about the group as a whole but more of the individuals such as G-Dragon, Taeyang ect ect.

Too lazy to actually write about the rest but many Blackjacks and Sones have been "fighting" against each other because they think that 2NE1 is the best and SNSD are crap, vice versa. I don't get why fans are so uptight about these issues, I'm pretty sure they would be friends if there company didn't allow them or they both don't have time to chat and stuff, I dunno. 


For the more underrated ones, sometimes I don't realise they're underrated because I listen to them so much but most of them are newly debuted I think so I guess that's why they aren't really popular.

B.I.G 
Boys Republic 
SPICA
Ladies Code - I didn't really want to mention them after what's happened but it's gotta be done.
Kiss&Cry
Tiny-G

Most of them got a "suitable" number of fans but I feel like they should have more spotlight in the industry and more popularity. Especially SPICA because their song "You don't love me" is gorgeous and something I would listen over and over again. 

I don't really focus on many groups, if I like their music, I continue listening to it and sometimes I only like one song but ya know, a girl's gotta have their own taste in music. 

I haven't logged onto the EXO-L website in like forever, I think I've forgotten it. Whoops.

- Admin YOUDUHSEXY

No comments:

Post a Comment